BFFs no more! After Megan The Stallion dragged Tory Lanez for allegedly shooting her, Meg’s ex-friend Kelsey Nicole dropped her own diss track. Here’s what you need to know.
“It’s a shame we here today, truth be told, it’s ’cause of you,” Kelsey Nicole raps at the start of “Bussin Back,” the Megan Thee Stallion diss track she dropped on Nov. 25. “Bussin Back” was a direct response to Megan’s “Shots Fired,” in which the “Hot Girl Summer” rapper dragged Tory Lanez for allegedly shooting her in the foot. Meg also seemingly insulted her former friend by saying she was jealous of her success. “Who you takin’ shots at, goofy-ass bitch? / Watchin’ me succeed from your knees, s—- d—- / I know you want attention from the niggas that I get / I’m a steak, you a side plate, shrimp, stay in your place,” raps Meg.
“Y’all talked y’all shit, let my ‘SHRIMP’ ass talk my shit too,” wrote Kelsey in the Instagram post announcing her track. “Who I’m taking shots at?/ B-tch I’m busting you,” raps Kelsey, per Genius. “Couldn’t control your little feelings, look what d-ck is costing you / It was all good, yeah, about a week ago (About a week ago) / Shout out Bobby Shmurda but this bitch is really tweaking, bro / If I was the one with the gun you would’ve heard about a murder (R.I.P.) / Said her back was turned but that girl know who really hurt her (I ain’t hurt you, b-tch)” She also denies taking hush money from Tory, and accused Meg of “FaceTime my n—a while my other n— layin’ there.”
Funny enough, since Meg’s “Shots Fired” sampled Notorious B.I.G.’s “Who Shot Ya?”, Kelsey’s track samples 2Pac’s “Hit Em Up,” according to Complex. With this new feud starting, here’s what you need to know about Kelsey:
1. She’s was Megan’s Ride Or Die…until she wasn’t. Kelsey’s Instagram has been scrubbed of most of her posts, but a few months ago, it could have been mistaken for a Meg stan account. One of Kelsey’s earliest (now-deleted) Instagram posts is one of her congratulating Megan on her success, specifically earning an award for her 2019 mixtape Fever. “Success is no accident , it is hard work, sacrifice and loving what you do! I am beyond proud of you and all you have accomplished & know you’re on the way to achieve much more! Congratulationsssssssss,” Kelsey gushed on a photo of the “Big Ole Freak” rapper accepting an award from BET. “You have always been such a selfless, confident, and authentic individual & I admire you for that! You’ve stayed true to yourself and journey without allowing shit to interfere or slow you down,” she also added.
2. She actually defended Megan through her record label drama. Megan publicly came forward about severing ties with Houston’s 1501 Records, leading the label owner Carl Crawford to question Meg’s “loyalty.” Kelsey quickly clapped back with an epic response. “Sir you have no idea what you’re talking about Carl hasn’t spent any money on megan since 2017 MEGAN PAYS FOR ALL HER OWN S—. Speak facts if you’re going to speak. Megan ain’t never been greedy in her life, and whatever he invested he made back plus more,” Kelsey wrote. “She didn’t attempt to sign with anyone else, she never not once tried to leave 1501 she simply enhanced her career by accepting a MANAGEMENT deal which she needed at the scale she was/is on. He still benefiting from her so what are you talking about? And it’s not that she didn’t literally read her contract , she didn’t understand the verbiage at that time and now that she does she simply requested for it to be fixed,” Kelsey went explained in her reply.
3. She’s seemingly in Megan’s unreleased music video for “Girls In The Hood.” While Megan has yet to release the official music video for the song, Kelsey can be seen hanging out on what appears to be a set! Rocking a pair of denim daisy dukes, sandals, and a t-shirt that reads “Angels,” Kelsey looked amazing as she bounced to music in a vintage car. It looks like the video needs a re-edit before it gets released
4. She also once worked as Megan’s assistant. Kelsey used to work for the Houston-based rapper! “Kelsey is very business-minded, very organized, very on-time. I’m like, ‘You should quit your job and be my assistant,’” Megan said of her to Rolling Stone in Feb. 2020.
5. She went to college with Megan. Megan, Kelsey, and their mutual friend Daren all attended Houston’s Prairie View A&M University for their freshman year! The trio quickly became on-campus stars for their popular twerking videos, which Megan later got in trouble for. “I was like, ‘God damn…‘I’m really in trouble [for] twerking right now!’” she later reflected to Rolling Stone. Megan has openly spoken about pursuing her college education, despite becoming a successful music star!